Having some trouble finding the Faust file

Hi All,

Still unable to find a way to watch Faust.  For some reason Kate’s Dropbox folder is showing up as “empty.” Any tips?

Miriam

4 thoughts on “Having some trouble finding the Faust file

1. maria marchenkova

I’m not an expert on how Dropbox works, but something strange has been happening as a result of all of us syncing the folder with our computers. I know I had some issues because I don’t have enough space in my Dropbox account to accommodate all the files. When you’re in the shared Transcendence folder, go to “Show deleted files” (the little trash can symbol at the top right) and you’ll see that somehow some of us have been deleting and restoring the files (accidentally, in my case and I’m sure in all others!) but they are all there and can be downloaded or restored from the trash bin. I actually had trouble playing Faust using VLC Player, but I think others played it and the subtitles successfully, so it might just be my software.

2. Puangchon Unchanam

Hi Miriam,
    I think the files had been deleted becuase the movie files are huge and we have a limit space in Dropbox.
    However, you can restore any files you want and then save them to your computer.
    You can do it by 1. going to Dropbox website with your account 2. clicking the “show delete file” icon
    3. finding the file you want 4. clicking the icon ‘previous versions’ 5. finally, click “restore.”
    I also restored some subtitle-files of some movies we have to see in this semester.
    Hope this information helps you, more or less.
    Best,
    Puangchon